KALEJAIYE ADEBOYE PAUL (NCE, BA(ED), MPA, MBA, MNIM, FCBAN, FCIMN, FCILGPAN)
1, Kalejaiye Adeboye Close, Off Achakpo
MY GOAL: To offer the best at all times, positioning myself as first among equals, achieving competitive edge in managing of men and materials, striving to serve humanity to the best of my ability, doing good to all manners of people at all times and displaying good team spirit in corporate governance.
KALEJAIYE ADEBOYE PAUL was born to Chief James Ijaola Kalejaiye and Mrs. Victoria Kalejaiye of Ode Remo, Ogun State. Both are of blessed memory. KAP had his early education in Army Children School Mokola Ibadan and Secondary education at Nazareth High School Imeko in Ogun State. He was at St Leo’s teachers training college, and the then Lagos State College of Education for his teacher education. He was one of the pioneer students of Lagos State University where he bagged his Bachelors of Arts and Education and two Masters Degrees in Public Administration and Business Administration. He is a Fellow Chartered Board of Administrators of Nigeria (FCBAN), Member Chartered Institute of Management of Nigeria (FCIMN) and Fellow Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria (FCILGPAN).
He was a member of Cabinet of the Lagos State Government for five years during which he served under the leadership of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN).
Whilst he was in the Cabinet of the Lagos State Government, he served in the following capacities:
- Special Adviser (Rural Development)
- Superintended over the 48 hours mandatory file movement in the entire public service for the purpose of achieving improved service delivery
- Prepared for the Executive Council consideration feasibility report on teacher-students classroom and furniture ratio for the purpose of determining the needs in these areas to enable Government respond adequately.
- Chairman committee on furniture procurement for the State’s educational system.
- Chief Examiner of the appointment of Permanent Secretaries in the Public Service.
- A member State Executive Committee on the reforms of the Lands Bureau & Physical Planning.
- Member Executive Committee on the recruitment of non-graduate science and English teachers into the teaching service
- Pioneered the establishment of Political and Cultural museum for Lagos State Government.
- Pioneered the establishment of the Lagos State Rural Botanical Garden
- A member of the vetting team for the weekly Minutes of Executive Council
Similarly Kalejaiye Adeboye Paul has served as a:
- Member of the Governing Council of the Lagos State University
- Member of the Governing Council of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
- Member, Lagos State Scholarship Board
- President, Student Union Government of Lagos State College of Education
- Coordinator West geo-political zone of Nigeria, for the National Association of Nigeria students
- President Alumni Association of Lagos State University
- President Lagos State University, Master in Business Administration Manager’s association.
He was until January 2011 a full time lecturer at the Lagos State Polytechnic at the School of Business and Management Studies before he was appointed to serve in the Cabinet of Lagos State and was subsequently granted leave of absence by the Polytechnic.
His political experience span over 30 years. He was a pioneer secretary of the defunct National Republican Convention for the then Ojo Local Government, which is presently composed of Ojo, Oto Awori, Amuwo Odofin, Ori Ade, Ajeromi/Ifelodun and Ifelodun Local Government. He has also served as a Chairman Ajeromi/Ifelodun Government, All People’s Party. And served as the Chief Returning Officer for Alliance for Democracy in Ajeromi/Ifelodun Local Government for the Gubernatorial and Presidential elections in 1983.
He was appointed as Chairman Transport, Welfare and Mobilisation Committee for the launching of Action Congress of Nigeria in Abuja by the Asiwaju Led Administration and reappointed to serve in the same capacity during the launching of the presidential campaign of the party in Abuja.
In the 2007 election of Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, he was a Chairman mobilization committee of Action Congress of Nigeria for the State campaign committee of the Action Congress of Nigeria.
In 2014, he was appointed as a member of the strategic committee for the Akinwumi Ambode Campaign Organisation and subsequently elected as chairman of the campaign committee for the Lagos West Senatorial District.
The All Progressives Congress appointed him as a member of the state campaign committee of the party in 2015.
He signified his intention to run for the Federal House of Assembly, lower house and was screened and cleared for the party primaries but was advised to step down by the leadership of the party both at the local and state level for a smooth return of the incumbent. This led to his withdrawal from the primaries demonstrating his loyalty and commitment to the party supremacy for the second time as it was in 2011 primaries.
He is the Chief Consultant to Resource Consult Limited a firm whose activities span Management consultancy, Local Government administration and Civil Service Administration amongst others. He has to his credit 35 researched works, which are published in local journals.
He has authored several books including but not limited to: “Touch of Excellence” (A book on Local Government administration), “Who is who in Private Education in Lagos State” and edited the Student teaching profile for colleges of Education Students.
He is currently the Coordinator of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (Apapa Campus) also an entrepreneur with over 150 staff working in his various organizations. He has investments in the hospitality industry (he has hotels and a media outfit), the education industry, automobile, foods and beverages.
He is a film maker, an orator, an actor, a scriptwriter, a director, and a public affairs analyst.
He has won several awards locally and internationally for his selfless service to humanity.
He is a member of the mandate group.
He is married with children.